One senior clinical lead from each Clinical Commissioning Group (CCG) is to be invited to join the new NHS Commissioning Assembly. This assembly will allow leaders from all CCGs and the NHSCB to work together in order to:
- Create shared leadership at national level across all clinical commissioners, with a unified sense of joint responsibility for clinically led commissioning.
- Provide the infrastructure allowing CCGs and the NHSCB to co-produce a national strategy and direction.
- Provide the mechanisms whereby CCGs can arrive at consensus and have a common voice on key issues.
- Offer learning network allowing NHSCB and CCG leaders to develop and share commissioning best practice.
- Facilitate communication between leaders of clinical commissioning at a national level.