People who work in the area of dementia care in nursing, residential or domiciliary settings should benefit from this website, and the free dementia resources to which it gives access.
The Dementia Gateway is purpose designed to supply practical tips, tools and activities which may be of help in the course of daily work.
The various sections on this website are written and maintained by national dementia experts, ensuring that the information and guidance provided is up to date and reflects current best practice in dementia care. The main section headings comprise:
- About dementia: the symptoms and causes of dementia.
- Getting to know the person with dementia.
- Difficult situations: about some of the most common difficult situations that can arise.
- Eating well: how to help a person with dementia manage mealtimes for better health and enjoyment.
- Keeping active and occupied.
- Making decisions: how to support decision making for people with dementia.
- The environment: how to make living spaces safe, user-friendly and enjoyable.
- Young onset dementia: covering issues facing younger people with dementia.
- End of life care.
- Dementia videos: view videos that tell the personal stories of people with dementia.
- Free training programmes: download free e-learning programmes on dementia.
- Dementia links: helping you locate useful resources on the web.
Read more: SCIE Dementia Gateway.