The National Audit of Dementia works with hospitals providing general acute inpatient services to measure the criteria relating to care delivery which are known to impact on people with dementia admitted to hospital.
- Policies and governance in the hospital that recognise and support the needs of people with dementia.
- Elements of comprehensive assessment.
- The involvement of carers.
- Discharge planning.
- Specified changes to support needs during admission.
99% of acute trusts in England and Wales have one or more sites registered for the audit.
Key information given via this web page includes:
- Overview context.
- Partners and expert advisers.
- How the audit will promote quality improvement.
- Audit structure (in glorious detail).
- Audit standards, tools and bibliography (a goldmine for researchers and auditors).
- Participating hospitals & trusts.
Related links for the interim RCP report:
- Full Text Link (in .pdf format).
- The Royal College of Psychiatrists (the key findings summarised).
- Data tables for the core audit modules (in .pdf format).