The SCIE Dementia Gateway presents a collection of case studies based on real life stories. This web-based teaching resource is intended to help carers learn how to gather information and evidence about an individual with dementia in order to achieve better person-centered practice. The learning gained from studying one case study should be generalisable to a wide range of other situations.
Scenarios (and solutions) offered for consideration include:
- Eating well.
- The finger food solution: supporting independence at mealtimes.
- Difficult situations.
- Active listening in action.
- Creative brainstorming solutions to toilet problems.
- Reality check? When a person with dementia talks about something that doesn’t exist.
- Keeping active and occupied.
- What can we do now? Activity in the later stages of dementia.
- The environment.
- Using technology to support a person with dementia at night.
- Margaret was having difficulty finding her way around a care home…
Read more: SCIE Dementia Web Resource: Case Studies.