This web page, from Alzheimer’s Research UK (formerly known as the Alzheimer’s Research Trust), provides a simple, compelling and interactive graphical presentation of key dementia statistics. It covers:
- Dementia cases in the UK.
- Diagnosed and undiagnosed cases of dementia in the UK.
- Economic costs of dementia.
- How the costs of dementia are met.
- The annual cost of one dementia patient.
- Annual investment in research, from the UK Government and Charities.
“Dementia affects 820,000 people in the UK. 25 million of the UK population have a close friend or family member with dementia. As well as the huge personal cost, dementia costs the UK economy £23 billion a year, more than cancer and heart disease combined. Despite these figures, dementia research is desperately underfunded”.
For people who prefer having these dementia statistics in a non-interactive, traditional print, format there is also a PDF available.
Read more: Dementia Statistics (Alzheimer’s Research Trust).