The Social Care Institute for Excellence (SCIE) website offers access to the latest news, insights and opinions from people of a wide range of backgrounds. The latest such blog entry is written by carer Caroline Ogden:
- Dementia creeps up on you. Quote: When you are a carer there’s no training, pension, sick pay or holidays. Caroline Ogden, carer.
Previous blog entries cover a broad spectrum of topics and perspectives (often from a uniquely personal standpoint):
- ‘I felt respected and accepted for who I was in relation to Michael’ – Roger Newman (15 April 2011)
- All things being equal – Michael Turner (05 April 2011)
- Social work – Hugh Constant (25 March 2011)
- Karen’s story – Peterborough social worker and SCIE fan – Karen Burrell (15 March 2011)
- Introducing social work month – Patricia Kearney (01 March 2011)
- Personalisation: what we know now – Robert Templeton (25 February 2011)
- Keep personal budgets personal – Sarah Carr (17 February 2011)
Read more: SCIE Blogging Service.