[A version of this item appears in: Dementia: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWHT), Volume 1 Issue 12, July 2011].
Our colleagues in Wolverhampton PCT have produced this handy guide. It was produced in Summer 2010 and provides a comprehensive, pleasantly quirky, list of services providers. Each entry in this guide supplies a brief summary of the services on offer, suggested contact details, a contact address and phone number(s).
Topic headings and organisations listed include:
- Alz Café.
- Alzheimer’s Society.
- Young-Onset Dementia Support Group.
- Memory Clinic.
- Memory Strategy Group.
Physical and Mental Health
- Parkinson’s Disease Society.
- Walking for Health.
- The WEAD.
- Cedar Ward.
- Care homes.
Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)
Wolverhampton Community Teams
- Community Mental Health Teams (CMHTs).
- Home Treatment Team.
- Access and Initial Assessment Social Services Team.
- Emergency Duty Team.
- Hospital Social Services Team.
- Care Link.
- Link Line.
- Meals on Wheels.
- Blakenhall Community Resource Centre.
- Bradley Resource Centre.
- Warstones Resource Centre.
- Woden Resource Centre.
- Age UK.
- Ring and Ride.
Support for Carers
- ACCI: African Caribbean Community Initiative.
- AWAZZ (Asian Women’s Adhikar Association).
- Carer Support Service.
- Crossroads Caring for Carers.
- Dementia UK West Midlands.
- Penn Hospital.
Information about Dementia and Ageing Services in Wolverhampton. Wolverhampton: Wolverhampton PCT’s Older Adult Psychology Service (Penn Hospital), July 2010.
Note: While this document is dated July 2010, the .pdf version is thought to have appeared online on, or after, February 3rd 2011.