Scotland’s National Dementia Strategy was published in 2010.
Capita’s National Improving Dementia Care in Scotland Conference will examine progress made since the Scottish Government launched the “Dementia One Year One Strategy” in June 2011. Topics covered will include:
- Learning from pioneering practice about speeding up diagnosis, raising awareness and the personalisation of care.
- The next steps for integrating health and social work services (in Scotland).
- Identification of dementia-friendly housing provision which is responsive to the wide support needs of tenants.
- Improving acute care and minimising the length of stay in hospitals.
- Re-designing care for older people, moving the emphasis towards prevention and earlier intervention.
- Benefiting from the insights of service users and carers.
Improving Dementia Care in Scotland. Conference, Thursday 24th November 2011 – Edinburgh. London: Capita Conferences / Capita Business Services Ltd, September 2011.