[A version of this item appears in: Dementia: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWHT), Volume 2 Issue 4, November 2011].
The NHS Confederation, Local Government Association (LGA) and Age UK have announced details of their joint commission on improving dignity in care for older patients in hospitals and care homes.
The Commission is part of an initiative by the three organisations called the “Partnership on Dignity in Care“.
The commissioners are :
- Sir Keith Pearson, Chair, NHS Confederation (co-chair).
- Dianne Jeffrey CBE DL, Chair, Age UK (co-chair).
- Councillor David Rogers OBE, Chair of the LGA’s Community Wellbeing Board (co-chair).
- Hugo Mascie-Taylor, medical director, NHS Confederation.
- Lise Llewellyn, Chief Executive, NHS Berkshire East.
- Professor Heather Tierney-Moore OBE, Chief Executive at Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust.
- Jenny Owen CBE, Deputy Chief Executive/Executive Director Adults Health and Community Wellbeing.
- Martin Green, Chief Executive, English Community Care Association (ECCA).
- Professor Trish Morris-Thompson, Chief Nurse, NHS London.
- Dr Elizabeth Kendrick, GPwSI Older people and Chair End of Life Clinical Innovation Team NHS North East, County Durham & Darlington NHS Foundation Trust.
- Gillian Buck, patient representative.
- Catherine Wescott, patient representative.
Read more: Commission on dignity in care gets underway.