Health and Wellbeing Boards are the bodies having the responsibility for commissioning care and improving democratic decision-making at a local level regarding local health and social care priorities.
Capita’s 2nd Implementing Health and Wellbeing Boards Conference (London, April 23rd 2012) promises to offer opportunities to assess progress so far and identify challenges ahead as the deadline approaches for fully functioning boards to be in place by April 2013.
Key issues to be addressed include demonstrating value for money, working collaboratively in the development of Joint Strategic Needs Assessments and arriving at agreement on the aims and objectives of a local health and social care strategy.
Speakers will include:
- John Wilderspin, National Director, Health and Wellbeing Board Implementation, Department of Health.
- Catherine Staite, Director, Institute of Local Government Studies, University of Birmingham.
- Councillor Sue Anderson, Cabinet Member for Adults and Communities, Birmingham City Council.
- Domini Gunn, Director, Public Health and Vulnerable Communities, Chartered Institute of Housing.
- Bonnie Green, Chair, Richmond LINk.
- Giles Peel, Lead, Health Advisory Team, Beachcroft DAC.
- Des Kelly OBE, Executive Director, National Care Forum.