[A version of this item appears in: Dementia: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWHT), Volume 2 Issue 10, May 2012].
This April 2012 “Evidence Update” on Delirium presents a summary of selected new evidence of relevance to the NICE (2010) Clinical Guideline “Delirium: diagnosis, prevention and management” (CG103). Section headings in this evidence update cover:
- Key messages.
- Commentary on the new evidence.
- Risk factor assessment.
- Indicators of delirium: at presentation.
- Interventions to prevent delirium.
- Indicators of delirium: daily observations.
- Diagnosis (specialist clinical assessment).
- Treating delirium.
- Information and support.
- New evidence uncertainties.
Delirium: evidence update: a summary of selected new evidence relevant to NICE clinical guideline 103 “Delirium: diagnosis, prevention and management” (2010). Manchester: NHS Evidence, April 30th 2012. 20p.
NICE clinical guideline CG103. Delirium: diagnosis, prevention and management. London: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence, 2010.