[A version of this item appears in: Dementia: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWHT), Volume 2 Issue 11, June 2012].
The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) has produced five guides to help nursing staff use new technology to improve their clinical practice. This particular guide covers telephone advice for patients with long-term conditions. Section headings comprise:
- Introduction: the benefits of telephone advice.
- Your guide to offering telephone advice services.
- Types of telephone advice services.
- Ten questions to ask before you begin.
- Principles of good practice.
- Setting up your telephone advice service.
- Ongoing training and support.
- Evaluation and audit.
- Promoting your telephone advice service.
Using telephone advice for patients with long-term conditions: an RCN guide to using technology to complement nursing practice. London: Royal College of Nursing (RCN), May 10th 2012. ISBN: 978-1-906633-99-8