Skills for Health and Skills for Care have been asked by the Department of Health to develop a code of conduct and standards concerning the role and expectations for:
- Healthcare support workers (reporting to registered nurses and midwives).
- Adult social care workers (whether working in support of health and social care professionals, independently, for Care Quality Commission registered residential care providers or as domiciliary care workers in England).
The relevant documents include:
- Code of Conduct for Support Workers.
- Common Induction Standards for Support Workers.
- Core and Common Competences for Support Workers.
- Health Technical Competences for Support Workers.
- Social Care Technical Competences for Support Workers.
Read more and optionally submit your views: Minimum Standards Consultation.
Note: This work came to fruition in March 2013.