This series of Department of Health factsheets on the Health and Social Care Act 2012 explains the topics and themes covered in the Act. The factsheets include case studies and try to answer frequently asked questions (FAQs). They fall into three groups:
Key Policy Areas in the Act
- Clinically-led commissioning.
- Provider regulation to support innovative and efficient services.
- Greater voice for patients.
- New focus for public health.
- Greater accountability locally and nationally.
- Streamlined arm’s length bodies.
- Factsheet on support worker regulation.
- Improving quality of care.
- Tackling inequalities in healthcare.
- Promoting better integration of health and care services.
- Choice and competition.
- The role of the Secretary of State.
- Reconfiguration of services.
- Establishing new national bodies.
- Embedding research as a core function of the health service.
- Education and training.
The Health and Social Care Act 2012. Chapter 7: In Full
The full legislation:
Department of Health (2012). Health and Social Care Act 2012. Chapter 7. London: The Stationery Office / Department of Health, June 2012. [Accessed January 1st 2017].