[A version of this item appears in: Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWHT), Volume 3 Issue 3, October 2012].
Each month a large number of journal articles, including systematic reviews and meta-analyses, are examined. Here are selected citations for the more notable of these to be published, or to have come to our attention, in recent weeks. Thanks should go to Medline / PubMed as the source of these bibliographic citations and abstracts.
The Bibliographic Citations
- Simek, EM. McPhate, L. Haines, TP, Adherence to and efficacy of home exercise programs to prevent falls: a systematic review and meta-analysis of the impact of exercise program characteristics. Preventive Medicine. July 17th 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
- Billington, J. Fahey, T. Galvin, R. Diagnostic accuracy of the STRATIFY clinical prediction rule for falls: A systematic review and meta-analysis. BMC Family Practice. August 7th 2012; 13: 76. Full Text Link.
- Hsu, CL. Nagamatsu, LS. Davis, JC. [et al]. Examining the relationship between specific cognitive processes and falls risk in older adults: a systematic review. Osteoporosis International. October 2012; 23(10): 2409-24. Full Text Link.
- Child, S. Goodwin, V. Garside, R. [et al]. Factors influencing the implementation of fall prevention programmes: a systematic review and synthesis of qualitative studies. Implementation Science: IS. 2012 Sep 14;7(1):91. [Epub ahead of print]. Full Text Link.
- Smith, ML. Jiang, L. Ory, MG. Falls efficacy among older adults enrolled in an evidence-based program to reduce fall-related risk: sustainability of individual benefits over time. Family & Community Health. July – September 2012; 35(3): 256-63.
- Aranda-Gallardo, M. Asencio, JM. Canca-Sanchez, JC. [et al]. Instruments for assessing the risk of falls in acute hospitalized patients: a systematic review protocol. Journal of Advanced Nursing. August 9th 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
- Gillespie, LD. Robertson, MC. Gillespie, WJ. [et al]. Interventions for preventing falls in older people living in the community. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Online). September 12th 2012; Issue 9: No. CD007146. Full Text Link.
- He, J. Dunton, N. Staggs, V. Unit-level time trends in inpatient fall rates of us hospitals. Medical Care. September 2012; 50(9):801-7.