[A version of this collection appears in: Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWHT), Volume 3 Issue 3, October 2012].
Antipsychotics / Psychosis
- Hartling, L. Abou-Setta, AM. Dursun, S. [et al]. Antipsychotics in adults with schizophrenia: comparative effectiveness of first-generation versus second-generation medications: a systematic review and meta-analysis. Annals of Internal Medicine. August 14th 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
- Trollor, JN. Chen, X. Chitty, K. [et al]. Comparison of neuroleptic malignant syndrome induced by first- and second-generation antipsychotics. British Journal of Psychiatry. July 2012; 201: 52-6.
- McCowan, C. Magin, P. Anne Clark, S. [et al]. An observational study of psychotropic drug use and initiation in older patients resident in their own home or in care. Age and Ageing. September 13th 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
- Oderda, LH. Young, JR. Asche, CV. [et al]. Psychotropic-related hip fractures: meta-analysis of first-generation and second-generation antidepressant and antipsychotic drugs. The Annals of Pharmacotherapy. July – August 2012; 46(7-8): 917-28. Full Text Link.
- Maher, AR. Theodore, G. Summary of the comparative effectiveness review on off-label use of atypical antipsychotics. Journal of Managed Care Pharmacy: JMCP. June 2012; 18(5) Supplement B: S1-20. Full Text Link.
- Jönsson, AK. Spigset, O. Hägg, S. Venous thromboembolism in recipients of antipsychotics: incidence, mechanisms and management. CNS Drugs. August 1st 2012; 26(8): 649-62.
- Zhao, KX. Huang, CQ. Xiao, Q. [et al]. Age and risk for depression among the elderly: a meta-analysis of the published literature. CNS Spectrums. September 2012; 17(3): 142-54.
- van Marwijk, H. Allick, G. Wegman, F. [et al]. Alprazolam for depression. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Online). July 11th 2012; Issue 7: No. CD007139. Review. Full Text Link.
- Gao, Y. Huang, C. Zhao, K. [et al]. Depression as a risk factor for dementia and mild cognitive impairment: a meta-analysis of longitudinal studies. International Journal of Geriatric Psychiatry. July 19th 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
- Blumenthal, JA. Babyak, MA. O’Connor, C. [et al]. Effects of exercise training on depressive symptoms in patients with chronic heart failure: the HF-ACTION randomized trial. JAMA. August 1st 2012; 308(5): 465-74.
- Rimer, J. Dwan, K. Lawlor, DA. [et al]. Exercise for depression. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews (Online). July 11th 2012; Issue 7: No. CD004366. Review. Full Text Link.
- Büchtemann, D. Luppa, M. Bramesfeld, A. [et al]. Incidence of late-life depression: a systematic review. Journal of Affective Disorders. August 30th 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
- Mort, JR. Remund, KE. Bradley, B. Managing depression for residents in nursing facilities. The Consultant Pharmacist. July 2012; 27(7): 494-503.
- Bourgeois, J. Elseviers, MM. Van Bortel, L. [et al]. The use of antidepressants in Belgian nursing homes: focus on indications and dosages in the PHEBE Study. Drugs & Aging. September 2012; 29(9): 759-69.
- Russ, TC. Stamatakis, E. Hamer, M. [et al]. Association between psychological distress and mortality: individual participant pooled analysis of 10 prospective cohort studies. BMJ. July 31st 2012; 345: e4933. Full Text Link.
- Ness, O. Karlsson, B. Borg, M. [et al]. A crisis resolution and home treatment team in Norway: a longitudinal survey study: Part 1. Patient characteristics at admission and referral. International Journal of Mental Health Systems. September 19th 2012; 6(1): 18. [Epub ahead of print]. Full Text Link.
- Meier, MH. Caspi, A. [and] Ambler, A. [et al] (2012). Persistent cannabis users show neuropsychological decline from childhood to midlife. PNAS, Epub August 27th 2012.
- Volkert, J. Schulz, H. Härter, M. [et al]. The prevalence of mental disorders in older people in Western countries: a meta-analysis. Ageing Research Reviews. September 18th 2012. pii: S1568-1637(12)00140-7. [Epub ahead of print].
- Spector, A. Orrell, M. Goyder, J. A systematic review of staff training interventions to reduce the behavioural and psychological symptoms of dementia. Ageing Research Reviews. July 20th 2012. [Epub ahead of print].
- van der Linde, RM. Stephan, BC, Savva, GM. [et al] (2012). Systematic reviews on behavioural and psychological symptoms in the older or demented population. Alzheimer’s Research and Therapy, July 11th 2012, Vol.4(4), pp.28. Full Text Link.