[A version of this collection appears in: Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWHT), Volume 3 Issue 3, October 2012].
Each month a large number of journal articles, including systematic reviews and meta-analyses, are examined. Here is a recent selection.
The Bibliographic Citations
- Lee, JA. Park, SW. Hwang, PW. [et al]. Acupuncture for shoulder pain after stroke: a systematic review. Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine. September 2012; 18(9): 818-23. Full Text Link.
- Scheele, J. Luijsterburg, PA. Bierma-Zeinstra, SM. [et al]. Course of back complaints in older adults: a systematic literature review. European Journal of Physical and Rehabilitation Medicine. July 23rd 2012. [Epub ahead of print]. Full Text Link.
- Okike, K. Lee, OC. Makanji, H. [et al]. Factors associated with the decision for operative versus non-operative treatment of displaced proximal humerus fractures in the elderly. Injury. September 27th 2012. pii: S0020-1383(12)00386-5. [Epub ahead of print].
- Fejer, R. Ruhe, A. What is the prevalence of musculoskeletal problems in the elderly population in developed countries?A systematic critical literature review. Chiropractic & Manual Therapies. September 24th 2012; 20(1): 31. [Epub ahead of print]. Full Text Link.
- Zheng, HF. Tobias, JH. Duncan, E. [et al]. WNT16 influences bone mineral density, cortical bone thickness, bone strength, and osteoporotic fracture risk. PLoS Genetics. July 2012;8(7): e1002745. Full Text Link.