The American Diabetes Association (ADA)’s Consensus Development Conference on diabetes and older adults has resulted in the release of this consensus report. It covers:
- The epidemiology and pathogenesis of diabetes in older adults.
- The evidence on the prevention and treatment of diabetes and its common co-morbidities in older adults.
- Current guidelines on treatment of diabetes in older adults.
- Issues which need to be considered when individualising treatment recommendations for older adults.
- Consensus recommendations for the treatment of older adults with – or at risk of – diabetes.
- Gaps in the evidence base and how to address these.
Kirkman, MS. Briscoe, VJ. [and] Clark, N. [et al] (2012). Diabetes in older adults. Diabetes Care, October 25th 2012, [Epub ahead of print]. (Click here to view the PubMed record).
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 5, January 2013].