The NICE quality standard (QS24) for nutrition support explains how nutrition support services can offer the best care to people using NHS services in England.
NICE (2012). Information for people who use NHS nutrition support services. No. QS24. Manchester: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), November 2012.
NICE (2012). NICE support for commissioners and others using the quality standard on nutrition support in adults Implementation programme. Manchester: National Institute for Health and Clinical Excellence (NICE), November 2012.
There is also an interactive guide online. Section headings include:
- Introduction and overview.
- List of quality statements.
- Quality statement 1: Screening for the risk of malnutrition.
- Quality statement 2: Treatment.
- Quality statement 3: Documentation and communication of results and nutrition support goal.
- Quality statement 4: Self-management of artificial nutrition support.
- Quality statement 5: Review.
- Using the quality standard.
- Development sources.
- Related NICE quality standards.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 5, January 2013].