This toolkit presents the lessons from the Department of Health‘s Personal Health Budgets Pilot Programme, showing how personal health budgets should be implemented. The toolkit is aimed at people working in the NHS or working with personal health budgets, and persons eligible for a personal health budget and their families.
Personal health budgets enable people with long term conditions and disabilities to exercise greater choice, flexibility and control over their health care and support.
Links listed in this toolkit comprise:
- How personal health budgets work.
- Making personal health budgets happen.
- Working together with people and families.
- Training and developing frontline staff.
- Developing leadership.
- Developing the market.
- Making personal health budgets financially sustainable.
- Integrating health and social care personal budgets.
- Ensuring equal access.
- Getting the message across.
- Measuring the results.
Personal Health Budgets Update: Winter 2012
The Winter 2012 issue of the Personal Health Budgets Update information sheet covers the PHBs roll-out programme, and introduces the good practice toolkit for NHS health and social care.