By signing up to the Fire and Rescue Services’ Pledge on Dementia the signatories commit to:
- Raising awareness of dementia amongst staff.
- Helping families and carers to become aware of the fire risks associated with the care and protection of people with dementia in their homes.
- Raising awareness of home safety visits, and other preventative measures, available to reduce risk of fires in the homes of people with dementia.
- Promotion of education and information resources available to those caring for people with dementia.
- Promoting the use of simple design measures at the construction stage of building development, to help people stay independent and safe in their own homes for longer.
Read more: Dementia Pledge: Chief Fire Officers Association.