The National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network has produced this resource pack. The resource pack has been designed to help NHS Trusts in raising awareness of clinical research among patients and carers. This is intended to support a commitment made in the NHS Constitution to provide information about involvement in research trials and to support informed patient choice. Titles included in the pack comprise:
- Understanding clinical trials.
- Clinical trials: what they are and what they’re not.
- Your health records save lives.
- We are research active (a customisable pull-up banner).
- We are research active (a customisable laminated poster).
- Patient, carer and public involvement research poster.
- Patient screens campaign.
- Research signpost form (customisable).
- Mystery shopper report and questionnaire.
NIHR Clinical Research Network (2013). We do clinical research: a guide to support materials that help Trusts promote clinical research in the NHS. Supporting research to make patients, and the NHS, better. Leeds: National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Clinical Research Network, February 2013.
Other sections in this document cover:
- Online good practice.
- Research culture good practice.
- Organisational top tips.
- Research active checklist.
- Useful links.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 7, May 2013].