This World Health Organisation (WHO), Regional Office for Europe, report covers the overall improvements to health in the WHO European Region, and analyses the health inequalities within and across countries. A road-map is provided to Europe’s health policy goal, entitled “Health 2020”. The epidemiological evidence-base is presented for Health 2020. The main section headings comprise:
- Chapter 1. Where we are: health status in Europe and the case for Health 2020.
- Chapter 2. What we are aiming for: European targets for health and well-being.
- Chapter 3. How we are getting there and what we value: the case for measuring well-being.
- Chapter 4. Next steps in the countdown to 2020: marking progress.
- Annex 1: Technical notes for the demographic and epidemiological profile.
The European health report 2012: charting the way to well-being. Copenhagen (Denmark): World Health Organisation (WHO) Regional Office for Europe, March 2013.
There is also an Executive Summary.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 7, May 2013].