[A version of this collection features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 7, May 2013].
The European Joint Action on Dementia, ALCOVE, (¨ALzheimer’s COoperative Valuation in Europe¨ is now in its final “information dissemination” phase. This report presents the overall synthesis of knowledge on dementia, deriving from the ALCOVE Joint Action exchange of information to promote health, quality of life, autonomy, and dignity among people living with dementia and their carers in European Member States. The main section headings in this document comprise:
- ALCOVE partners & contributors.
- A general presentation of ALCOVE.
- ALCOVE recommendations.
- Epidemiological data on dementia
- Prevalence rate for dementia
- Exposure to antipsychotics in people with dementia in Europe.
- Health & social services & data sources for dementia.
- Timely diagnosis of dementia.
- Literature review & survey on dementia diagnosis.
- Recommendations for dementia diagnosis.
- Strategies for health policy for dementia diagnosis.
- Supports systems for BPSD.
- Structures & care organisations for BPSD.
- Individualised patient & family carer interventions for BPSD.
- Workforce & skills for BPSD.
- Strategies for BPSD support systems.
- Rights, autonomy & dignity of people with dementia.
- Competence assessment.
- Advance directives.
- ALCOVE toolbox for antipsychotics limitation.
- ALCOVE dissemination.
- ALCOVE evaluation.
ALCOVE Project (2013). The European Joint Action on Dementia. Synthesis Report 2013. Alzheimer COoperative Valuation in Europe (ALCOVE), 2013.
Fresh ALCOVE Publications Continue to Appear
ALCOVE Project (2013). A general presentation of ALCOVE. Alzheimer COoperative Valuation in Europe (ALCOVE), 2013.
ALCOVE Project (2013). ALCOVE recommendations. Alzheimer COoperative Valuation in Europe (ALCOVE), 2013.
The online ALCOVE Toolbox: a toolbox for antipsychotics limitation in dementia.