The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has produced this guide on the effective use of NICE guidance into day-to-day practice. It helps in assessing how well each organisation is implementing NICE’s recommendations, and how to move forwards.
“This guide aims to help and support health and social care provider organisations to implement National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) guidance and use NICE quality standards to achieve improved quality of care in their local settings”.
The main section headings comprise:
- Benefits of implementing NICE guidance.
- What your organisation needs to have in place.
- What your organisation needs to do.
- Assessing services against NICE guidance or quality standards.
- Periodically reviewing services already in line with NICE guidance or quality standards.
- Supporting changes in services not in line with NICE guidance or quality standard.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 7, May 2013].