This report presents the results of a survey of over 3,000 carers across the UK. Many carers struggle without advice or support, and find that caring affects their health, finances and careers adversely. Carers UK proposes five challenges to improve carers’ lives:
- Better access to support and information.
- Services and workplaces which support carers to juggle work and care.
- Policies to prevent financial hardship for carers.
- Helping carers to achieve the better health outcomes.
- Delivery of high quality care and improving the interface between health and social care services.
The state of caring 2013. London: Carers UK, May 2013.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 7, May 2013].