The “Making it Real for People with Dementia” report has been written by Think Local Act Personal (TLAP) to explain how the Making it Real Programme can work to help people living with dementia, their families and carers.
This document has been developed by a cross-sector steering group of experts, with input from carers and people with care and support needs, and representatives from more than twenty organisations including My Home Life, UKHCA, Skills for Care, Dementia Action Alliance, Alzheimer’s Society and older people’s leads in councils. The main section headings in this report comprise:
- About Making it Real.
- Information and advice: having the information I need, when I need it.
- Active and supportive communities: keeping friends, family and place.
- Flexible and integrated care and support: my support, my own way.
- Workforce: my support staff.
- Risk enablement: feeling in control and safe.
- Personal budgets and self-funding: my money.
TLAP evolved originally from the “Putting People First” delivery team at the Department of Health.
Wilton, C. (2013). Making it real for people with dementia. London: Think Local Act Personal (TLAP), May 2013.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 7, May 2013].