The adult social care choice framework explains the choices people who live in England have in relation to the care and support paid for by their council. Section headings cover:
- Choices about care and support.
- Rights to choose services paid for by your council.
- Rights to choice if you are caring for someone.
- Rights to choose a residential care home paid for by your council.
- Rights to information and advice.
- Where to find information and support.
- How to complain about services arranged by your council.
“This Social Care Choice Framework sets out the choices currently available as of April 2013. The Department is proposing to alter the way that care and support works, through the Care Bill and the Caring for Our Future White Paper and will therefore update the choice framework when these new policies take effect”.
Read more: The Adult Social Care: Choice Framework.
Adult social care: choice framework. London: Department of Health (Social Care Policy & Legislation Branch), May 2013.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 7, May 2013].