Summary information about the Department of Health’s arm’s length bodies (ALBs) is supplied, including:
- The role of each organisation.
- Achievements in 2012 to 2013 (where applicable).
- Business priorities for 2013 to 2014.
This online report includes sections on:
- NHS England.
- NHS Trust Development Authority.
- Care Quality Commission.
- National Institute for Health Care Excellence.
- Public Health England.
- Health and Social Care Information Centre.
- Health Education England.
- NHS Health Research Authority.
- NHS Blood and Transplant.
- Medicines and Healthcare Products Regulatory Agency.
- NHS Business Services Authority.
- NHS Litigation Authority.
- Human Fertilisation and Embryology Authority.
- Human Tissue Authority.
Arm’s length bodies: corporate report. London: Department of Health, June 6th 2013.
Related Information Possibly of Interest…
NHS Employers’ infographic poster depicts the new architecture of the NHS.
Full Text Link (A4 size)
The new NHS in 2013 infographic poster. London: NHS Employers, May 2013.
There is also an A3 size version available.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 9, August 2013].