The Care Quality Commission (CQC) has published a guide for patient participation groups (PPGs). It explains what patient participation groups (PPGs) are meant to do, and what is involved when the CQC inspects their GP practices. Section headings in this report comprise:
- GP registration and the national standards.
- Inspecting GP practices.
- Information shared between CQC and PPGs.
- How to share information with CQC.
- Working with other representative groups.
- The national standards of quality and safety.
- PPGs involved in the Sounding Board.
A guide for working together: the Care Quality Commission and patient participation groups. Newcastle upon Tyne: Care Quality Commission (CQC), June 2013.
[A brief reference to this item features in Dementia and Elderly Care: the Latest Evidence Newsletter (RWNHST), Volume 3 Issue 9, August 2013].