The Driving Up Quality Alliance have developed a code committing to quality improvements, largely as a response to the Winterbourne View care home failings. Health and social care providers and commissioners are being encouraged to sign-up to this code.
Health and social care providers, and commissioners, are invited by the Alliance to publish details of their own steps to improve quality.
The Driving Up Quality Code is a code for providers and commissioners. Liverpool [Online]: Driving Up Quality Alliance, September 2013.
The main section headings on the Driving Up Quality Code website (funded partly by the Department of Health) are:
- The Code.
- How the Code works.
- Support focussed on the person.
- An ordinary and meaningful life.
- Being happy and quality of life.
- Good culture and the organisation.
- Lead and run the organisation well.
- Who developed the Driving Up Quality Code?
- Download a booklet and poster.
- How the Code is funded.