More than 1 million Americans may be affected by Lewy Body Dementia (LBD). This information resource from the National Institute on Aging (NIA) / National Institutes of Health (NIH) in the USA has been written to assist people with LBD, their carers / families, and professionals learn about the condition and the resources available in the United States.
The main sections of the online and printed guide comprise:
- Basics of Lewy Body Dementia.
- Types of Lewy Body Dementia.
- Causes and Risk Factors.
- Common Symptoms.
- Treatment and Management.
- Advice for People Living with Lewy Body Dementia.
- Caring for a Person with Lewy Body Dementia.
- Research: the Road Ahead.
Lewy Body Dementia: information for patients, families, and professionals. Silver Spring [Maryland, United States]: National Institute on Aging, September – December 2013.
Note: Readers in the UK may be interested in learning more about / contacting the Lewy Body Society.