As a result of a consultation exercise during 2013, five topics have been identified for formal referral to the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE):
- Falls: regaining independence for older people after a fall.
- Care and support of older people with learning disabilities.
- Medicines management: managing the use of medicines in community settings for people receiving social care.
- Regaining independence: short-term interventions to help people regain independence.
- Adult social care: service users’ and carers’ experience of adult social care.
Developing new standards for social care. London: Department of Health, January 22nd 2014.
The Department of Health received over 270 responses during the consultation. The following report summarises these responses and explains the Department of Health’s plans.
Lawther, B. (2014). Topics for new NICE quality standards and guidance to improve the quality of social care: summary of consultation responses and outcomes. London: Department of Health, January 22nd 2014.