This Department of Health web-based document presents a synopsis of activity at the G8 Dementia Summit held in London on December 11th 2013. It summarises agreed actions, video excerpts from some of the speeches at the event, and the work within topic-specific discussion panels. The main section headings comprise:
- A growing global health problem.
- Ministers agreed action.
- Dementia – the challenge the world faces.
- First-hand experience.
- Discussion 1: Improving life and care for people affected by dementia, and their carers.
- Discussion 2: Preventing and delaying dementia.
- Discussion 3: Social adaptation to global aging and dementia.
- Keynote address: David Cameron.
- Closing remarks.
- Legacy activities in 2014.
G8 dementia summit: global action against dementia – 11 December 2013. London [Online]: Department of Health, April 10th 2014.