The Royal College of Physicians (RCP) earlier this month released a further document explaining their model for the future hospital. Roughly a year since publication of the original plan, and in readiness for the 2015 general election, the RCP presented their Five Point Plan for hospitals; with a broad set of recommendations for politicians. It involves:
- Removing financial and structural barriers to joined-up care.
- Investing in the delivery of good care.
- Prioritising “what works” in the NHS and improving what does not.
- Promoting public health (evidence-based legislation).
- Adopting the “Future Hospital” Model as a template for service re-design.
Future hospital: more than a building. The Royal College of Physicians’ five-point plan for the next government. London: Royal College of Physicians, September 12th 2014.
There is also an Executive Summary.
The overview / press release:
Future hospital: more than a building. London [Online]: Royal College of Physicians, September 2014.