Updated Commissioning for Value packs, one for each of the 211 Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) in England, focus on integrated care pathways and patients with complex needs. They have been created to support discussions and decision-making concerning local commissioning. They facilitate:
- Comparisons about how well a CCG / Local Authority is performing (relative to similar areas) on three new integrated care pathways:
- Maternity and early years.
- Dementia and long-term conditions.
- Substance misuse and mental health.
- Comparisons about how much more or less is spent on inpatients, for the elderly and young children, by condition (relative to similar areas).
- Investigations concerning the 2% of inpatients costing the most, with the number of admissions for these patients, and associated A&E and outpatient attendances (compared with similar areas).
- Investigations concerning a diverse range of comorbidities to which “complex patients” are prone.
- Discussions and decision-making concerning the improvement of integrated services, thereby providing better value and outcomes.
These CCG data packs are organised regionally (for convenience):
- London Commissioning Region.
- Midlands and East of England Commissioning Region.
- North of England Commissioning Region.
- South of England Commissioning Region.
Commissioning for Value – comprehensive data packs to support CCGs and NHS England in the regions. London: NHS England, [February 2015] March 2nd 2015.
Commissioning for Value – Integrated Care Pathways packs. London: NHS England, March 2nd 2015.