Revised Scottish standards concerning acute care of older people in hospital address all aspects of the patient care pathway, including initial assessment on admission, rehabilitation, care transitions and discharge planning. There are sixteen standards. Section headings comprise:
- Standard 1: Involving older people: “What and who matters to me”.
- Standard 2: Maintaining patient dignity and privacy.
- Standard 3: Decision-making, consent and capacity.
- Standard 4: Initial assessment on admission to hospital.
- Standard 5: Comprehensive geriatric assessment.
- Standard 6: Pharmaceutical care and medicines management.
- Standard 7: Assessment and prevention of decline in cognition.
- Standard 8: Delirium.
- Standard 9: Dementia.
- Standard 10: Depression.
- Standard 11: Falls prevention management.
- Standard 12: Rehabilitation.
- Standard 13: Pre-discharge planning.
- Standard 14: Care transitions.
- Standard 15: Patient pathway and flow.
- Standard 16: Skills mix and staffing levels.
Care of older people in hospital standards. [Scotland]: Healthcare Improvement Scotland, June 2015.