Raj Long, the Senior Regulatory Officer at the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, explores the problems in developing treatments for dementia. The independent “Finding a Path for the Cure for Dementia” report is a contribution to the G8 Dementia Summit’s agenda for discovering a cure or disease modifying therapy for dementia by 2025. The main section headings in this report comprise:
- Introduction: the challenge of dementia and the importance of drug regulations.
- Chapter 1: The G8’s challenge to find a cure or disease modifying therapy for dementia by 2025.
- Chapter 2: Context – State of the interface between regulation and science.
- Chapter 3: Methodology – how I have formed my position.
- Chapter 4: Next steps and recommendations.
Long, R. (2015). Finding a path for the cure for dementia: an independent report into an integrated approach to dementia research. London: Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation; Department of Health [and] World Dementia Council, July 21st 2015.