A support package for the new models of care vanguards has been created by the NHS Five Year Forward View partners. The 29 local NHS and care consortiums (known as Vanguard Sites), are exploring alternative models / better ways of providing care in the NHS and social care.
The support package for 2015/16, involves workstreams in eight areas:
- Designing new care models.
- Evaluation and metrics.
- Integrated commissioning and service provision.
- Empowering patients and communities.
- Harnessing technology: the potential of digital technology to deliver care and share patient information.
- Workforce redesign: development of a modern, flexible workforce organised around patients and their local populations.
- Local leadership and delivery.
- Communications and engagement: demonstrating best practice and engaging with staff, patients and local people.
Vanguard support package launched. London: NHS England, July 31st 2015.
Supporting the vanguards. London: NHS England, July 2015.
This relates to:
The Forward View Into Action. New Care Models: update and initial support. London: NHS England, July 2015.
Concerning the Better Local Care (Southern Hampshire) multi-specialty community provider (MCP) vanguard:
Being in the vanguard of NHS change – Dr Donal Collins. London: NHS England, August 3rd 2015.