The views of over 20,000 people have been collated concerning the priorities for the future “shape” of mental health services, given the need to develop a five-year national NHS strategy. The top five priorities for change by 2020 are:
- Better access to high quality services.
- Wider choice of treatments.
- Higher emphasis on prevention.
- Extra funding.
- Reducing stigma.
20,000 give views on mental health service change priorities. London: NHS England, September 2nd 2015.
Mental Health Taskforce: Engagement Report. [Online]: NHS England / Mental Health Taskforce, 2015.
This relates to the following report, which has three themes:
- Theme One: Prevention and stigma.
- Theme Two: Access and choice.
- Theme Three: Quality and experience.
The Five Year Forward View Mental Health Taskforce: public engagement findings. A report from the independent Mental Health Taskforce to the NHS in England, September 2015. London: NHS England / Mental Health Taskforce, September 2nd 2015.