The “Building a Dementia Friendly Society” webinar, hosted by Bupa UK, held on Tuesday October 20th 2015, arrived at the following conclusions:
- While the focus in the UK is on building a dementia-friendly society, we need to start thinking about dementia-inclusive societies.
- Education will eradicate stigma and prejudices around dementia.
- Dementia informed workplaces are crucial as the number of people with working age dementia is increasing.
- Concerns for carers of people living with dementia are primarily anxiety, agitation and sleeplessness (not memory loss per se).
- Assistive technology can help, but ethical issues exist.
Presented with permission from Bupa UK and DigitasLBi.
Discussing dementia: building an inclusive society. [Online]: Bupa UK, November 3rd 2015.