NHS England has published guidance on commissioning rehabilitation services in the form of an interactive guide. This document contains links to the latest evidence and examples of good practice. It covers rehabilitation for both mental and physical health conditions, and presents the economic case for rehabilitation services (both for the individual and society).
This guide is aimed primarily at Clinical Commissioning Groups, but it also contains information and insights of interest for patients, their families, service providers, health professionals and the general public.
Boost for rehabilitation services – Lindsey Hughes. [London / Online]: NHS England, April 1st 2016.
This relates to:
Commissioning guidance for rehabilitation. London: NHS England, April 1st 2016.
This document comprises seven main sections:
- Section 1: What is Rehabilitation?
- Section 2: The Rehabilitation Model.
- Section 3: Principles and Expectations i.e. what good rehabilitation means to service users, their families and carers.
- Section 4: Why Commission Rehabilitation?
- Section 5: Checklist and Ten Top Tips.
- Section 6: Benchmarking Tool.
- Section 7: Who Produced This Guide? Glossary and Definitions; References and Bibliography.
There are multiple linked appendices.