Professor Alistair Burns, NHS England’s National Clinical Director for Dementia, has written to CCGs about progress on national dementia diagnosis rates and priorities for post-diagnostic dementia treatment / support. The letter discusses support available from NHS England. Topics covered include:
- Dementia Diagnosis Rates: data for October 2016.
- NHS Digital Data Extract: directions.
- Join Dementia Research: a new toolkit to assist with promotion of public participation in research.
- Music Therapy and Dementia: as a potential therapy for apathy, BPSD, anxiety, restlessness and depression.
- Memory and Smell: mentioning the National Activity Providers’ Association (NAPA)’s “Smell & Connect” trial.
National Clinical Director for Dementia CCG Letter. Leeds: NHS England, November 14th 2016.