The BBC’s iWonder Guides provide “thought-provoking answers to the questions sparked by everyday life”. This particular collection of brief digestible articles, animations and videos covers:
- A frightening prospect (epidemiological statistics).
- How the disease affects your brain cells (an interactive animation of neuropathology).
- Making progress (regarding faltering progress on the development of drug treatments).
- How lifestyle may help (neuroprotective factors, including diet, exercise and cognitive stimulation / lifelong learning)
- The special role of sleep (an interesting take on amyloid clearance).
- Where next? (to bed?).
Slattery, C. (2016). How close are we to stopping Alzheimer’s? London: BBC Health News / BBC iWonder Guides, [Undated: circa June 2016?].