The Royal College of Nursing (RCN) has issued guidance to support nurses concerning raising concerns, wherever they work i.e. whether in the NHS or in private / independent sector. Section headings cover:
- Raising Concerns
- Raising concerns or whistle blowing?
- Raising concerns: rights and responsibilities.
- Nurses and raising concerns
- Raising and acting on concerns early.
- How do I raise a concern?
- Contact us.
- Raising concerns step-by-step guide.
- Can I raise a concern confidentially?.
- What support can I expect?
- What response should I expect when I raise a concern?
- Will there be personal consequences for me if I raise my concerns?
- How should managers act on a concern?
- RCN Resources.
- Whistleblowing guidance.
Raising concerns. London: Royal College of Nursing (RCN), January 10th 2017.