The NIHR Dissemination Centre (NIHR DC) has released a themed review of NIHR research into the organisation of stroke services and care pathways. This review of 44 published and 29 ongoing studies covers recent research into stroke and acute stroke management, stroke recovery and rehabilitation, and also includes life after stroke. The main section headings comprise:
- Evidence highlights.
- Questions to ask about stroke services.
- What is this review?
- Why does stroke matter?
- Configuration of stroke services.
- Identifying stroke and acute management.
- Recovery and rehabilitation.
- Life after stroke.
- Research and further development.
Roads to recovery: organisation and quality of stroke services. NIHR Dissemination Centre themed review. London: National Institute for Health Research (NIHR), March 2017.