The Dementia Assessment and Improvement Framework supports ongoing quality improvement towards the provision of “outstanding care” for people living with dementia during their stay in acute, community or mental health settings.
There are eight constituent framework standards:
- Person-centred care.
- Patient and carer information and support.
- Involvement and co-design.
- Workforce education and training.
- Nutrition and hydration.
The table of contents comprises the following headings:
- The framework.
- References and other resources.
- Appendix 1: Review of 104 CQC reports published before December 2016 and relating to dementia care.
- Appendix 2: Review of national policy relating to dementia care in England.
- Appendix 3: Review of best practice guidance relating to dementia care.
Dementia assessment and improvement framework. London: NHS Improvement, October 17th 2017.
There is also an MS Word version available for local modification and use.