This year the Department of Health was re-titled as the Department of Health and Social Care (DHSC), with a view to better integration. A single integrated plan clarifies the DHSC’s objectives for health and social care, and explains how these might be achieved. Brief details on finances and key personnel are included. The main sections are:
Objectives an outline summary.
- Keeping people healthy and supporting economic productivity and sustainable public services.
- Transforming primary, community and social care to keep people living more independent, healthier lives for longer in their community.
- Supporting the NHS to deliver high quality, safe and sustainable hospital care and secure the right workforce.
- Supporting research and innovation to maximise health and economic productivity.
- Ensuring accountability of the health and care system to Parliament and the taxpayer; and creating an efficient and effective Department of Health and Social Care.
- Creating value (reduced costs and growing income) by promoting better awareness and adoption of good commercial practice across the Department and its arm’s length bodies.
Department of Health and Social Care single departmental plan. [Online]: Department of Health and Social Care, May 23rd 2018.