The Department of Health and Social Care’s action plan for carers outlines plans to support carers in England, over the next 2 years. It expands on the National Carers Strategy. It sets out 64 actions across five priority topics.
- Chapter 1: Services and systems that work for carers.
- Chapter 2: Employment and financial wellbeing.
- Chapter 3: Supporting young carers.
- Chapter 4: Recognising and supporting carers in the wider community and society.
- Chapter 5: Building research and evidence to improve outcomes for carers.
Carers action plan 2018 to 2020: supporting carers today. London: Department of Health and Social Care, June 2018.
Difficulties of Recently Bereaved Carers
Concerning the common plight of recently bereaved carers:
Labhart, J. (2018). Who cares for the carer when they’re bereaved? Birmingham: BBC Birmingham and Black Country News / BBC Health News, June 11th 2018.