National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE) has produced a quality standard on intermediate care, including reablement. This is intended to contribute to improvements across many fronts, including:
- Integration of health and social care.
- Patient and carer-related quality of life.
- Independence, choice and control in daily life.
- Reduced length of hospital stays.
- Reduced delayed transfer of care from hospital.
- Reduced hospital readmissions.
- Reduced admissions to residential care.
Intermediate care including reablement: NICE quality standard [including tools and resources] (QS173). London: National Institute for Health and Care Excellence (NICE), August 2018.
There is an accompanying NICE Care Pathway.